Put Experience on Your Side
When you have been arrested for DWI, your rights and your driver's license are on the line. Fail to act quickly and you will lose your right to an administrative hearing to protect your driver's license.
You have 15 days from the date of your arrest and the receipt of the notice of suspension to protect your driving privileges. You need an attorney on your side who can fight for you.
I am Dave Howard, Attorney at Law, and I help clients facing Texas DWI charges handle all issues associated with their arrest and criminal charge. I have been representing citizens in Williamson and Travis Counties since 1993. I know that the loss of driving privileges can have an immediate and powerful impact on your life, so while I focus on providing the highest level of criminal defense, I also work the administrative and licensing issues as well. I give you a complete defense.
Among the criminal penalties you could face for a misdemeanor or felony DWI charge:
- Driver's license suspension
- Up to $10,000 in fines
- A state mandated surcharge of up to $2,000 per year for three years
- Up to 10 years in prison for a felony or up to one year in jail for a misdemeanor.
- A required ignition interlock device on your vehicle
When you have been arrested for drunk driving, I will:
- Immediately request an administrative hearing to fight your license suspension
- Get the probable cause affidavit or offense report to evaluate police procedure
- Make sure your rights were protected
- Examine the breathalyzer or drug test results and procedure
- Explore pretrial intervention options that can get your case dismissed
From the moment those police lights flash in your rear-view mirror, police are putting together the evidence they need to get a DWI/DUI conviction. The sooner you work with an attorney that will fight for your defense and give you the information and support you need, the more options you will have to protect yourself. I put the resources, options and ability you need on the side of you DWI defense.
Particularly if you have no prior arrests or DWI record, there are options that can help you preserve your license and your reputation. Having a trusted legal partner on your side can make all the difference in your case. Call my office in Round Rock, Texas, today at 512-218-7999 or schedule a free initial consultation with my office online by completing the form at the top right of this page.
(This message is for informational purposes only and is not intended as legal advice. Each case is different and you should talk to an attorney of your choosing.)